Be part of a growing nonprofit organization based in Dharamsala, India.
If you are interested in applying for these opportunities, please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please put the position title you are applying for in the “subject” line of the email. Thank you for wanting to work with Dharamsala Animal Rescue.
The ideal candidate is a leader who can successfully develop and manage an NGO. You will be in charge of programs goals, financial targets and budgets, community outreach and education, local fundraising, and human resources.
- Maintain and oversee the implementation or our programs: Animal Birth Control-Anti Rabies, Street Animal Rescue, Humane Education, and adoption.
- Ensure all Trust paperwork is kept current and all legal requirements are in order.
- Develop relationships with the Municipality, Department of Animal Husbandry, local businesses, and local rescuers and feeders.
- Ensure budgest are kept and fundraising goals hit by increasing community engagement and support of our project
- Develop long and short-term plans and goals for the organization
- Manage our Vet Team and Operations Team
- Ensure sterility, hygiene and animal welfare
- Act as a liason to the local Trustees and to Founder.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years’ experience in management and NGO work, preferable with animals
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership, people management, and team building skills
Dharamsala Animal Rescue is looking for a vet, either experienced or new grad. This is a job for people passionate about helping the stray dogs and animals. You will report to our Clinic Director who will train you on our Standard Operating Procedures, and any skills needed to succeed at your job. Day to day duties include helping to manage clinic staff, surgery, desexing, diagnoses, treatments, and pet cases. You will be responsible for following our SOPs, keeping the clinic sterile and hygienic and provide top care for our patients and residents. Additionally you may be asked to help with our education program, adoptions, dog walking, and cleaning. If you are interested, please email your rescue to email@example.com and put “VET Opening” in the subject line.
Pay is based on experience.
Writers Needed for our Blog
Dharamsala Animal Rescue is looking for regular contributors for our blog, The DARling.
If you are a new writer and love animals these may just be the place for you! You can work on building your readership while contributing to DAR. Monthly social media statistics will be provided to you (Google Analytics, Facebook) to see how well your articles are doing and how many times they are being viewed.
If you are interested, please check out our style guidelines, and send a pitch to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have you heard of Suraj yet? He is quickly becoming a superstar in Instagram. At 13,500 followers, he is helping bring awareness to our work at Dharamsala Animal Rescue and also helping to bring in donations. He even has been asked to pose in photos to promote in-kind donations from Pedigree India and Acana and Orijen pet food companies.
To make him a real Influencer in the market, we need to reach a minimum of 50,000 followers with good engagement. If you are someone who loves Instagram, and knows all of growth hacks (follow/unfollow) and is good at real engagement, we need you! Please email email@example.com with “Instagram Growth” in the subject link for more information.