Be part of a growing nonprofit organization based in Dharamsala, India.
If you are interested in applying for these opportunities, please send resume and cover letter to email address included in the posting.
Please put the position title you are applying for in the “subject” line of the email. Thank you for wanting to work with Dharamsala Animal Rescue.
Community Outreach and Education Manager
The purpose of the position is to maintain and establish partnerships and relationships with individuals, businesses, schools, and NGOs within the community to help fulfill our mission in the community.
- Must Love and not be scared of street dogs
- Must Live in Dharamsala H.P and work at our facility
Responsibilities will Include:
* Run our Humane Education Program in schools, including getting government approvals, scheduling sessions, and developing relationships with administrators, teachers and students. You will be teaching children how to be kind to dogs even if they are afraid of them and teach rabies prevention protocols.
*Find new and maintain relationships with businesses, individuals, which provide donations and support to us
*Develop Educational material for our events and programs on all mediums. (social Media, video, photo, and fliers, posters.)
*Work with the NGO Director, Founder, and Social Media Manager on program development
*Be able to go LIVE on Social Media for education and awareness
*Schedule and Give Talks and Programs at NGOs, Panchayats as needed
*Coordinate Press for Events
*Become an expert on all DAR Programs and practices.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years experience
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership, people management, and team building skills
- Outgoing personality with the ability to be nimble
- Ability to flourish in a small NGO work environment
Salary based on experience and local wage averages
Please email rescue and cover letter to email@example.com
Writers Needed for our Blog
Dharamsala Animal Rescue is looking for regular contributors for our blog, The DARling.
If you are a new writer and love animals these may just be the place for you! You can work on building your readership while contributing to DAR. Monthly social media statistics will be provided to you (Google Analytics, Facebook) to see how well your articles are doing and how many times they are being viewed.
If you are interested, please check out our style guidelines, and send a pitch to firstname.lastname@example.org.